Sunday, April 25, 2010

Future Brianne: What Will She Have Read?

I wasn't reading a lot.. and now I am. It's bringing up a lot of un-read book guilt and this is what it looks like. I am nearly done with Perelandra by C.S. Lewis after reading a whole lot of it on the plane back from California this evening and so I know decision-making time is nigh.

These are my upcoming book options (alphabetical by author):

How the Irish Saved Civilization - Thomas Cahill
Book 5 of the 39 Clues - Patrick Carman
Foyle's Philavery - Christopher Foyle
The Ode Less Travelled - Stephen Fry
The Human Voice - Anna Karpf
That Hideous Strength- C.S. Lewis (3rd book in the Space Trilogy of which Perelandra is the 2nd)
Screwtape Letters - C.S. Lewis
Carpe Diem - Harry Mount
Empires of the Word - Nicholas Ostler
The Language Instinct - Stephen Pinker
The Sparrow - Mary Doria Russell
Persepolis - Marjane Satrapi
The Linguistics of Lying - Harald Weinrich

I don't actually have access to three of these books right now, but I have so many I should have already read, this should not be an issue. I think I'm on a fiction kick and so many of these are not that... the poor non-fiction books are gathering dust.

WHAT TO DO.

No comments: